Toxit is a S-IN Soluzioni Informatiche branch that provides consultancy and services in generating and interpreting toxicological information for risk assessment of chemicals without the need of physical tests, in compliance with main guidelines and regulations, such as:
- ICH M7 Guidelines for Drug Impurities
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- Guidance on the Establishment of the Residue Definition for Dietary Risk Assessment
- Reg. EC No. 1223/2009 on Cosmetics
- Guidance on Best Practices on the Risk Assessment of NIAS in Food Contact Materials and Articles
On top of consultancy activities, Toxit participated in a number of projects related to computational toxicology, ADME and toxicity prediction.
Several EFSA funded projects, including:
- Applicability of physicochemical data, (Q)SARs and read-across in Threshold of Toxicological Concern assessment
- Data collection and data entry for EFSA’s Chemical hazards database
- Further development and update of EFSA’s Chemical Hazards Database
- Evaluation of the applicability of existing (Q)SAR models for predicting the genotoxicity of pesticides and similarity analysis related with genotoxicity of pesticides for facilitating of grouping and read across
- Expert assistance in revision of EFSA’s DCF Chemicals Data Catalogue
- Reports on toxicokinetics, toxicity and allergenicity data on substances to be evaluated as acceptable previous cargoes for edible fats and oils
ECHA funded project:
- Data curation of the ECHA's systemic toxicity database, based on ESRs of the REACH registration database
JRC funded projects:
- Data collection for PNEC evaluation
- Use of REACH registration database to calculate Human Health Effect Factors of USETox® model
- Specific Advice on Exposure Assessment and Hazard/Risk Characterisation for Nanomaterials under REACH
EU funded project:
COSMOS Integrated In Silico Models for the Prediction of Human Repeated Dose Toxicity of Cosmetics
We are proud to work with:
- Reach Consultancy
Soluzioni Informatiche is an Italian company offering a range of services in scientific informatics: consulting services, contract research, in silico predictions, and acting as distributors of specialist software for Life Sciences.
S-IN closely with numerous companies, research centres and international organizations in the sectors of chemistry, pharmaceuticals, food and cosmetics, and are specialized in Molecular Modeling, (Q)SAR Analysis, Computational Toxicology, Data Storage and Management of chemical information, Quality by Design and Multivariate Analysis.
The project teams are formed by experts from a variety of sectors who work closely together, combining scientific and computational expertise with chemical data management. The result is a cross-fertilization of experiences that allows us to respond with practical and precise solutions to a wide range of requirements.
S-IN are exclusive distributors in Italy for a number of highly rated software solutions producers, chosen thanks to our extensive experience amassed over the years, and our careful analysis of market demand and state of the art technology in our sectors of interest.